When you have a field sales team, you may look to field sales software to help them streamline their processes and jobs. An element like mobile order taking allows your field sales team to have the joys of no paperwork when undergoing the ordering process. This not only saves time but also reduces a number of people that are included when getting orders filled. This also increases the accuracy of the order, as opposed to having to work with reams of order forms. You can easily order from your mobile device that has an order writing an app in it, to select a product and follow through to order placement with no hassle.
The benefits of having a mobile order taking application for your business
- You have a better view of your product catalog on an app, and you can quickly search for specific products, as opposed to paging through a traditional printed catalog.
- You can also have all your client notes and information stored, so that they order is processed to the correct addresses with the correct client information like phone numbers, quickly and easily.
- You will have a sense of what the client has previously bought from you with a past order history. This allows you to note if the client has product brand or type preferences, as well as know what questions the client may have about specific products.
- Once a field sales rep places the order, the software automatically sends through the request by being synced to your business’s back-end systems. This saves time and reduces the chance of order error.
All of the above features and benefits are designed to streamline your ordering process, remove human error as much as possible, and eliminate a ton of paperwork that can all be stored on one platform. This allows your team to take this time that is saved, to build client relationships and constantly innovate your business.
Tips and techniques for field sales teams using mobile order writing applications
When you move over to a mobile order writing app, you want to be able to know what the best way is, without losing the information you have accumulated with paper over the years. Once this is done, you also want your team to be able to use best practices when taking orders. Here are a few tips and tricks:
- Have your sales order data and enterprise data integrated :- With technology today, you don’t have to have your business work in silos. This means that you can access different departments on the platform, at any time. This information will help the sales team to understand the best products for a specific client in order to achieve the best results.
- Incentivise behavior by using gamification:- Technology is great for integration and communication, but there is also a fun element to it, which means that you should be using this to your advantage at work. When attempting to train your field sales team on the new platform, and move away from paperwork, try to use gamification to speed up and lighten up the process. This will get your team inspired, and consequently, your clients inspired when they are being sold to. Use gamification to reward your staff and have internal competitions. Clients are bound to experience the passion and excitement, and this is essentially all you need from your business, in order to drive further sales.
- Constantly learn about the ordering platform :- The field sales reps will receive an initial induction on the platform, however, it is imperative that they constantly learn about it. They should talk to each other and find ways to streamline order taking processes, so that the education of the platform is shared and optimized for everyone.
- Get access that is in-app to sales enabling tools :- When your field sales reps are on the road, they may need to access your sales tools so that the correct message is delivered to the client. This is important and should always be available to the team. When placing the order, remember that it is the close of the sale, so your field sales reps need to be on the ball with any sales messaging information that the client may ask while they are processing the order.
- Give your field sales team offline access:- When you do business online, it is awesome and all integrated as it should be. However, field sales reps may want to practice using the ordering platform when they are at home on a weekend, and this is why they should have offline access to the platform. They can learn ways of navigation through the products as well as the easiest and quickest way to place orders, accurately.
Remember that these applications are a means of allowing customers to experience a streamlined process, and for field sales teams to achieve quality goals in a timely manner, so ensure the above tips and tricks are always used in your business.